Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook ends Trending section & removes all products that integrated with the Trends API
Jun 1, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Facebook reports Trending news links accounted for less than 1.5 percent of clicks to news publishers on average.
- Dun & Bradstreet’s 2018 ‘B2B Advertising & Marketing Outlook’
Jun 1, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Today’s marketers no longer question whether programmatic technology is the right way to purchase digital advertising. Online campaigns using display, mobile, video, content and other digital media — are now bought and sold almost exclusively — using platforms that pair customer data with ad inventory for better targeting at scale.
- Mary Meeker’s newest Internet Trends report: Clouds keep rebuilding the landscape
Jun 1, 2018 by Barry Levine
The latest presentation by the Kleiner Perkins analyst points to the many ways that cloud computing continues to reshape modern life.
- LiveRamp adds outside quality scoring to its third-party data marketplace
Jun 1, 2018 by Barry Levine
The first outside provider, Lucid, tests the third-party data segments against panel-based surveys that are linked by cookies.
- I’m a customer. Please get to know me.
Jun 1, 2018 by Evan Magliocca
Getting to know your customers pays dividends in lots of overlooked ways. Contributor Evan Magliocca explores some of the possibilities.
- Digital advertising’s opportunities & threats from Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends report
Jun 1, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
Trends marketers should be paying attention to in the year ahead.
- Have we reached peak smartphone, and what does that mean for marketers?
May 31, 2018 by Greg Sterling
There’s no reason to change course; everyone must still optimize for mobile.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 4 Tools to Find and Manage Influencers, Social Media Examiner
- Apple Looks to Expand Advertising Business With New Network for Apps, Wall Street Journal
- Consumer Insights: Why the Customer Isn’t Always Right, Marketo
- Democratizing martech: distributing power from IT to marketing technologists to everyone, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Facebook Stories: How Its Video First Strategy Altered Social Media, MediaKix
- How to Sell on Facebook, MarketingProfs
- May Highlights in Facebook Business News, Facebook Business
- Social media: What small business owners need to know, VerticalResponse
- Using Stickers and Text to Stand Out on LinkedIn Video, Official LinkedIn Blog
- Video ROI: Why Kellogg’s Spends 70% of its Advertising Budget With YouTube, Tubular Insights
Visit the Source: https://marketingland.com/marketing-day-facebook-ends-trending-section-mary-meekers-internet-trends-report-more-241374